Sunday, February 10, 2013

Home Sweet Home

We have been home for one week now and it has been amazing. I am still in awe at how smoothly everything has gone. Evie is adjusting beautifully and so is everyone else. She is sleeping well (if getting up at 6:30 am constitutes sleeping well), is a good listener, absolutely loves her siblings, and is really a joy to be around. For those in the process of adopting that like to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly, I hate to tell you I have no ugly to report (not yet anyways). Things are going way better than I even expected they could go.

Evie is still not wanting Jim and I to both be gone at the same time. That being said, she succesfully made it in the nursery through the entire church service yesterday. Having big brother Josiah in there surely helped. I explained to her beforehand in half bad Chinese and have English that momma was leaving but she shouldn't cry. She sat in the same spot the whole time and just observed and looked sad, but she didn't cry.

She doesn't want us to call her Fuyuan anymore. She yells "Wo da Evie" everytime we use her Chinese name.




Ni Hao Yall

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. We have been home since 2010 and I have no ugly to report. Just lots of blessings.

    http://onefamiliesjourneytochina.blogspot.com/2013/02/blog-post.html

    ReplyDelete