Friday, July 29, 2011

More Confessions

OK, and while I'm in the mood to confess about obsessions..... I'll throw another out there.



Hubby and I have started sharing a certain addiction.




I mean, it's hard when you're the parents of five kids.


It can be difficult to really make time for each other. It's hard to find those passions that you can share and, well, just have fun with together. Because, let's face it, something else usually has your attention.



We have made an effort over the years to not completely take off on a personal hobby that would cost us even more time away from each other.





I do have my scrapbooking, and he has his motocross (which he shares with the boys), but we really do limit the time we spend on those activities.




And admittedly, since we have two kids now old enough to babysit, there's been a whole lot more date nights.



BUT we now have something to keep us entertained RIGHT HERE AT HOME. Something that doesn't involve his constantly flipping channels and me begging him to PICKSOMETHINGALREADYYOU'REDRIVINGMENUTS. Something we can do with the kids going berserk all around us.



It is a bit sad, and pathetic, and I am a bit embarrased to admit it. Because it DOES involve us each walking around the house at all times with an extra appendage - namely and ipod and ipad. So we can play "W*rds with Friends" against each other. Non.stop. I mean, we've only been doing this for a couple of days, but for those two days there hasn't been a minute when we have both been home that one of us is not staring at said device trying to find our next word.




And don't ask me why we each need our own device, and can't just hand it off to each other. Or why we can't act like normal people and sit down in front of a Scrabble board.



I guess it's just more fun to holler across the room "It's you now!!!!" And to hear the little "ding" a second later!!



I LOVE summer, b/c I would never have enough time to keep up with this little game in my "real" life.


But I have to go now, it's my turn!!! I'm pretty excited, 'cause I have a "Z".








1 comment:

  1. Moon, I will look that app up...I think it's something I'd enjoy playing with Yissi....

    ReplyDelete