Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Frustrated

I'm feeling some major frustration right now, as I just got an email from the US Consulate in Guangzhou. I had inquired about the status of our paperwork, which is waiting for a signature from them to then be sent over to the "official" adoption bureaucracy for more signatures, before we get our Travel Approval. Very complicated red tape, I know. What's irritating is that I forwarded these papers to our agency on Oct. 6. A week later they confirmed they were sent to their contact in China on Oct. 8. And yet the Consulate is telling me they received them on NOVEMBER 3. It is beyond me why it would take this long, and I just feel like we've lost a few weeks where we weren't moving forward at all.

So, as of right now, everything is where it needs to be. It just took a while to get there.

And I am reminded again to stop my fretting, and my anxiety, and to trust Him with this adoption and this timeline. But I am a bit of a control freak, so having to completely let go is difficult for me. He really knows what I need to work on.......

No comments:

Post a Comment