Monday, November 1, 2010

Shout Out

I will probably lack the words to correctly express myself on this post.



But, I wanted to give it a go anyways.



Because somebody out there totally deserves it.



I want to give a special "shout out" to my mother in law.



So many people out there struggle with their relationship with their MIL, a lot of them for good reason.



And although I don't remember ever praying specifically about my future husband's mother and our relationship, God chose to bless me anyways (don't you just love it when He does that?).



I am blessed to share a special bond with her - not only because of our mutual love for her son and her grandkids (and actually, her daughters too. They're my own little sisters in my mind). We share an even greater passion for the Lord.



How awesome to be able to call on her with any prayer request, and KNOW that my needs are covered in prayer.



How reassuring to know she will never call me with criticism, but instead takes the time to call me with encouragement. Not once in our 16 years of marriage have I heard her even show even a hint of criticism for my performance as a wife, or as a mother for that fact.



She praises our homeschooling efforts, always calls me on my birthday, and NEVER plays the jealous mom game.



She is very conscious of boundaries, and very careful never to cross any that might even possibly exist. She is almost TOO careful - but I DO appreciate it that so!!



She truly treats me as one of her own daughters - and I LOVE that I have TWO wonderful moms to shower me with love.



And I won't even get into how she spoils (in a totally positive way) the grandchildren.



So, thank you, Grandma, for showering Christ's love on us continously.



Thank you for going well out of your way in pretty much everything you do.



Please know that I count myself BLESSED for having you in my life!!



P.S. I would love to throw a picture in here, but I really thought I'd better ask first. And I didn't want to wait to ask to write the post!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What kind words! I see children who are raised to love the Lord, honor and obey their parents (and they do), love their neighbors, love their family, be good and upright citizens. What is their to criticize? YOU are a blessing in ways you don't yet realize and I thank God for you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete