Friday, March 2, 2012

More Stalling

Heard back from USCIS. Except I knew from the moment I saw the envelope laying in my mailbox that it wasn't what I was hoping for. I could see the pink paper right through the white envelope, and I knew pink from USCIS is NOT good news.

We received a "Request for More Evidence". Basically, they wanted to see background checks from all the states we lived in since the age of 18 - no easy feat for a military family. The thing is, we did all this for Abby's adoption, and obviously we have not returned to live in each of those states since then - so obviously we're still cleared. Our homestudy agency seems to think that as soon as USCIS understands that they won't require them to be done again. I have my doubts.

God continues to grow me in big ways here. This is so incredibly frustrating and completely out of my hands!! I have to 100% rely on Him and Him only - and trust that if I am crazy in love with Evie already and want nothing but to shower her with love, He wants her in a family just as badly.

1 comment:

  1. Just a lil {{HUG}} and a reminder that The 'H' family on the other side of the world are praying you through... just as we did with sweet Abby! :)
    ~T~

    ReplyDelete