Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Hero

I just got the sad news that my dear uncle gave up his fight with leukemia this morning. It is difficult, as it always is, for all of those who loved him to say good-bye (well - see you later). His battle had been long, though, and there is great peace in knowing he is at rest in his Father's arms. And although I hadn't seen him in the last 20 years - I just wanted to note that he was regarded as a hero in our little family circle. I would need to open a separate blog just to give enough detail about the ways he gave to others. He was an amazing father, an incredible brother, and I know many not-so-young-anymore nieces and nephews that still called him "favorite" - and when you are one of TEN siblings you have stiff competition for that title. He also dearly loved God and walked hand in hand with Him.

Anyhow, thanks for your prayers over the last few months. And to my family in every corner of the world - I love you bunches and wish I could be closer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment