Sunday, January 2, 2011

Too Cute

Abby does most of her schoolwork on the computer. It really helps her to be forced to read mostly everything on her own, instead of having me read to her all the time, but the computer is set up to help her with pronunciation when she needs help, plus it also gives her definitions of new words, etc.... It is definitely not something I would do long term, but for now it is really working out well.


I require her to come tell me what she has learned before she can move on to the question part of the lesson. So today, after her Language Arts lesson, she ran up to me and said:


"Mom, they're teaching me about what to put at the end of a sentence. I already knew about periods and question marks, but now they are teaching me about EXPLOSION MARKS!!!!""


So cute! Love my language learner!


2 comments:

  1. Such fun! And what a great smile, too! What program are you using for her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that is hysterical!! Love it!! I still can't believe how close our dates ended up being to yours.....just one year later. Our CA the same day, our family day one day before yours....too funny. Thank you so much for all of your support over the last year my friend! You have been such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete