Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thankful for Technology

I've been so grateful for the other adoptive parents I've gotten connected with on the internet. I just don't think anyone understands this whole crazy adoption process like another one of those crazy souls who took the same plunge as you're about to take!! I've been sharing the news about Abby with those around me a lot more these days - I was very quiet about it until recently because so much was still up in the air. But since we received our LOA, I have felt like it's time to share with EVERYONE. And frankly, I've been a little disappointed with the lack of enthusiasm I've received in response. Not that I'm doing any of this for any kind of response from ANYBODY, but it would be nice to think people are happy for you instead of just looking at you like you just lost your marbles. Mostly because you're filled with this overflowing joy and want to shout from the rooftops, and feel like there's no one there who really wants to hear it. Which is why I appreciate the great community of people online who have done this and UNDERSTAND my every feeling right now, who understand that yes, I am OVERJOYED to be called to travel across the world to bring home and parent a BEAUTIFUL eight year old girl who was born with a heart defect. It is so nice that someone out there GETS it and rejoices with me!!!

2 comments:

  1. Saw your comment on NHBO and came to see your blog! I TOTALLY get what you are saying. We are awaiting LOA for our 9-year-old son and we get the blank stare ALL. THE. TIME when we share his age.

    I for one am VERY EXCITED about your little girl. I guess she is about 6 or 7 based on the new clothes!!! I get that too. We adopted our daughter last year and she was just turning 3 when she came home. I didn't buy much at all b/c I had no idea how old she would be as our age range was quite large. As it turned out, she is a peanut so I'm glad I refrained (well mostly). :) Girl clothes are a weakness for me for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. : ) Abby's actually 8. I guess I should add that somewhere......a little detail others might want to know, huh???
    Thanks for sharing in our excitement!

    ReplyDelete