Thursday, February 11, 2010

Helping Haiti's Orphans


I have for months now admired the work that Wild Olive Tees does to raise money for orphans. Not only do they make awesome t-shirts, but I'm kind of a sucker for the cause, too. Well, I was super excited to find out that they've come out with a shirt to raise funds for the people of Haiti affected by the recent earthquake. 100% of the proceeds from the t-shirt will go to help Haiti, through Eyes Open Wide International. As soon as I saw the shirt, and where the money went, I knew I'd be ordering one. Then I got DOUBLE excited when I found out they're also doing a giveaway. So even if you don't have the money to spend, go check it out and find out how you could WIN a shirt. (just click on the company's name above).

And when you're done there, if you want to read some really touching stories, go over to the No Hands But Ours Blog and read the adoptive stories of some amazing families. Have some tissues handy. And by the way, Stefanie, the woman behind these two inspiring websites, is a mother of nine, FIVE of her kids being adopted from China (and about 5 of them are 6 or under). How she manages to do ANYTHING else I don't quite get. But it makes my day at home teaching my 5 kids seem like a cakewalk. Anyhow, go check it all out and get inspired to sport a new t-shirt, or donate some money, or HEY, maybe even adopt a little one yourself : )

1 comment:

  1. Okay, the key here is you are at home *teaching* FIVE kids. Hello! There is NO teaching going on here.
    None.
    Nada.
    That's how I do it ;)
    Thanks for your kind words, Mari! And thanks for the shout out for Wild Olive's new HOPE tee!!

    ReplyDelete