Saturday, March 27, 2010

Enjoying Spring

Spring has sprung, and we went out on a hike to enjoy it. Another one of those great "firsts" for Abby. Even the drive there was filled with wonder for her, as she excitedly pointed out everything she saw "Cows, momma"; "Look, look, a horsey"; "Mommy, what is that over there, long, long away, it's blue????"
I love that all the things that have become mundane for the rest of us (even Cy) are so fascinating to her. And I pray that I can learn to see the world newly again through her eyes, and regain the wonder at my Father's creation.





Sisters






And one of Abby's musings today, which totally cracked us up:
"Daddy, I want to tell you something"
"What is it Abby?"
"You are very, very, silly."

3 comments:

  1. That is too sweet! I'd love to get your two cents as we get closer to travel since we are headed to Abby's province!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures...looks like y'all had a wonderful day!

    Also, love that Abby is still wearing her barrettes like she did in China...too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great bonding time for the family! Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete