Friday, March 12, 2010

CoC

Abby's Certificate of Citizenship arrived in the mail today, actually making it here a few days before I expected it. Although she officially became a U.S. citizen when our plane arrived in the U.S. on Jan. 28, it is nice to have solid "proof".

And, for those of you out there in the midst of a China adoption. Yes, we were I800. Yes, I was the only parent to travel. And obviously, yes, Hague has changed things and now with even just one parent traveling everything is complete in China. So, if this is your plan, be confident that just like us, you'll receive that CoC about 45 days after arriving home. I don't know how many different people gave me misinformation on this during the process. Everything is so new, most people just didn't know. Even the Consulate representative in China who led us on our Oath misinformed me. The information on the USCIS website seemed pretty clear to me about the fact that children now get an IH3 visa even with one parent traveling, but I freaked out at times because people kept telling me "no". Needn't have worried.

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't that a great feeling receiving that last piece of paper work???

    Now, we have to get our girls their SS cards....hopefully that goes well!!!

    Let me know how that goes for you.
    I am planning on going to the SS office next week....

    ReplyDelete