Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Prayer Requests

I have been asked by a few people for specific ways they can pray for us right now.  Beyond the obvious, here are some things that are really causing a bit of anxiety:

1 - Our Travel Approval has not actually made it to our home yet.  I am supposed to have the original of this document when I travel.  My agency sent it out Express Mail on Jan. 10, which usually takes about 3 business days to get here.  So, technically, it should be here tomorrow.  I can't track it further than it got on the plane in San Francisco - that's all they'll tell you when it's coming here.  I just won't feel 100% at ease until it is here.

2 - Please pray that I will have friendly and helpful guides.  I am traveling on my own this time, and the stress levels are high enough without having to deal with cold or unfriendly people when they are supposed to be helping me.  We had great guides last time, but it's a different agency this time, and I'm traveling to a whole new city, so I'm concerned.  Some adoptive parents have complained about having less than helpful guides, and I so don't want that to be me!!!

3 - For the kids (and Jim) at home, that things will go smoothly for them here.  That no one will get sick, that they can get along, that they will manage to have a good time and that no one misses Mommy too much!!  Also, that things run well for getting to all their various activities.

4 - This one is probably an obvious one, but please pray for Evie's heart during this transition.  It really does make me sad to know she is leaving the only home she has ever known, and that she will be handed over to a complete stranger.  Pray that we can use our days in China to bond away from the chaos of every day life, and that she will come home already feeling a little more secure and comfortable.

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers and joining us on this amazing experience!!

1 comment: