Friday, December 18, 2009

No news

Well, my SW said she hadn't heard anything but she would contact the China Team (at our agency's main office) and find out. She emailed them twice and they never responded one way or another. Which I frankly find a bit rude, but, hey, I'm just an adoptive parent a week away from Christmas dying to hear news about traveling to get her daughter. I would've asked our SW to actually call the China Team, or I would've called myself, except from past experience I already know that would just get ignored as well.

So I'm not sure if their lack of response means TA is not here and they're too busy to bother telling us so, or it is here and they don't have CA scheduled yet so they don't want to tell us.

I'm not feeling quite ready to face the weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure you have it. Our SW didn't know we had ours either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a betting women, but if I were I would bet it is sitting on someone's desk in the Michigan office just waiting for a confirmed consulate appt. I agree with Melissa I would bet you have it-- the Social Workers don't find out till you do. I will pray that you find the strength and peace to make it till Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to keep your hopes up if they're going to be dashed, but I had the same 'non' response to my emails about travel while the agency waited for our CA. They already had TA for us, but they simply do not tell parents until they've lined up CA. This time of year, that might be difficult. My social worker knew nothing about our TA.

    We did get an email from the travel agency 'touching base' about a week before we received our TA and CA.

    Praying for you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ((HUGS)) Praying you hear something first thing Monday morning!

    ReplyDelete